Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Halloween Memoreis: Costumes

I remember my mom used to make costumes for us. Did your parents ever do that Darlings? Well, I have a few I remember so I'll make these count.

Ok. This is a little funny one. It happened before my sister Michelle was born and me, my cousins Emile and Mariah and my brother Jonathan all had costumes made by my mother. It was a group costume idea and we were all M&M's. Don't believe me? Well, that pic is somewhere in my moms collages.  But anyway, I was the Yellow M&M, Jonathan was Blue, Emile was Red, and Mariah was Green. Now I forgot but for some reason, Mariah was crying. Now I'm not sure why. Maybe she didnt like the costume or it was just being in the dark. (She was still a toddler If I recall.) But either way that was still fun to see that. The costumes were pretty good.

So here's one without a group and the only one really impactful to me. My mom and dad took us to Halloween at Disneyland one time. So my siblings and I, I really forgot what they chose but I went as Sorcerer Mickey and they bought the hat with ears, gloves, and Mom made the coat and even sewed a patch with Sorcerer Mickey on it. That Halloween was pretty fun but I don't remember if it was on Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party or just one of the days in October at Disneyland. But I do know I sure rocked it out and enjoyed myself. That's another pic I have to get one day for you guys.

Also I remember my mom dressed me us as a baby on my First Halloween as a Devil but the real good one was when she did our costumes for Peter Pan. Now I was Capt. Hook, but I just laughed when my brother was the Crocodile who ate my hand. Again, another picture might be lingering around my moms Scrapbook studio but well, I'm unsure. Now I remember my parents family friends, (I forgot their names but I remember their son's name but he'll be anonymous for obvious reasons.) and they had a son and daughter (forgot her name too). So Joey (the son) and Kristy (we'll make her the daughter, they can come to me to remind me or I'll have to visit them. I don't know which will happen.) were Peter and Tink respectively. (At least I think so or was it Michelle? I don't remember. You'll have to ask my mom. Geeze this is more weird that I can't recall well what happened though I remember those specific costumes.)

Anyway, Did your parents make your costumes and who did you go as? Who will you go as on Halloween? Thanks for tuning in Darlings! See ya Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment