Wednesday, October 11, 2017

What Plans Do I Have in Mind and Progress on the so far

Kind of a simple title I think and a little clickbaitey but what can you do.

But for those who didn't know, I lived with my great aunt Sophia and her husband/my great uncle and family friend Leo. Sadly within two years of living with them Opa Leo passed away and it was very difficult for just the two of us to pick up the pieces with living together without a third member of our home. Eventually my Aunt had to be moved to a nursing home where she is still staying in and will be there for almost a whole year now and it makes me look back because in about one year so much was shoved onto me and I had to do my best to navigate how I would do it. Overall, there were definable missteps around the situation but now things are pretty ok.

I would say right now, I'm looking at a different angle on how to progress with my life in both my oriented goals/dreams and more practical work that I plan to do. So far I have things in the general but specifically, I'd say we're on track. But to explain, allow me to say what has happened.

I've started paying off my debts I owe people but I still have some left creeping over my shoulder. Overall though, I'm doing a pretty good job of budgeting and managing my finances over time. I keeping with my responsibility though there are some debts I have pushed on the backburner a bit with a recent one being on my mind just recently and my plans to make it smaller are hopeful but it's a lets see.

I paid my first rent last month with the acquisition of our new home from our landlord and also I am happy to say that my room is complete but It could be cleaner due to a box on my desk of books that i won't be able to read or am not interested in reading them or I already own a copy of it. (If anyone is interested please message me on FB and I'll see if I remember what I have and what it's about.) Although now that I think about it, I still have many books left in the storage unit that I need to bring back to the room. But that's for another time since I also want to begin the process of trashing the entire storage unit.

I've recently went back to the gym to improve my health and am going back on a diet to motivate my healthy eating habits again. Sadly after my aunt went to the nursing home, I didn't have the best budget to do groceries and I had to cancel my gym membership. Now with the recent work I'm doing and the other debts I pay off, I am able to contribute more to groceries for my grandparents. (I live with them now.)

Also I am beginning the process of starting to take over my grandfathers business as a tax accountant. But as of right now, it's more on the physical aspect as I am beginning, with him, to move the office more into our new front house. However, since the rushed aspects of moving to our new home has gotten us a little tired, we are taking things slow even so since other events, my work with Uber, his need to finish the late taxes before the 15th of this month, and our slow progress to make the final touches shine in making our new home, our new home. So far, the biggest progress made was when I cleaned out his office of old and bad paperwork which is a very good start so far.

As for writing, I'm afraid I've stumbled into a bit of writers block. Even if it's just for a few stories, that means a few stories have to be cut which is not my favorite thing to do. especially when some I want to make my premiere stories overall as well. But I'd say my short story anthology has the best progress so far with all the different short stories I've been planning. All of which are of different genres, tales, and hopefully, will become larger than what they are into expanding them for plans into my own writing universe or universes depending. And my first play is still in the drafting aspects and I'm juggling whether some characters should be considered major or minor or deleted altogether. Some characters are just better being missing from the action in the long run. But it doesn't mean I probably won't use them or we won't see them again as I've always looked at some of my budding beginner ideas before I fully took the course of writer into my own hands to reintroduce old characters and make them have prominence elsewhere. Also, I'd say that I'm still trying to find out which of my podcast ideas I want to develop first. So far I got 4 main ones, 5 if I could the one with 20 cast members that I still am deciding what their character arcs are. But pieces are falling into place and I have time to scribble a few notes to myself.

All in all, it's a slow process but things are getting done. Hopefully some things can be done a little faster but it will take time. Thanks. Sorry it wasn't all just a fun musing but stay tuned tomorrow for my review of Archaic Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment