Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Marcos' Mementos: Thanksgiving. What did I do?

Darlings, I know I haven't addressed you directly much but Do you remember any fond memories of Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I don't have a very pivotal moment that spoke volumes to me. It's not that I didn't enjoy my thanksgivings. It's just there wasn't a very popular event that made it whole for me for the better or for the worse. But no doubt some of you have.

Well, there was one small difference of my thanksgivings from the norm. One was just my cousins, Sister, Aunt, Oma and Opa, my great Aunt and great uncle and I. So that's 9 maybe 10 if Max was there too. Maybe he was but I have to ask. It was at a resort in my Seinor Year if I recall. It was the first time after a long string of Thanksgivings that I didn't go celebrate with my dad and his family. But the resort was lovely. It was the WorldMark Indio Resort if I recall. Nice lazy river and pool with a waterfall. Definitely suggest going there. Indio doesn't have much but the resort is a lovely escape from Urban Life. But yeah, it was just a more intimate family experiece. Kinda fun and we suprisingly had many beds but we all had 2 suites for each family. Opa and Oma and my cousins, aunt and maybe Max in one and Me, Mishi, Oma Eta, and Opa Leo, Or maybe did Jonathan join us making the total 11? I'm unsure. My memory isn't as it is. But then again the main issue with that Thanksgiving was my stupid English Homework. (Thanks Mrs. Henry)

But for my dads Thanksgiving, I'd say since I was around 13 or a little younger but no more than 11, I usually celebrated Thanksgiving with my Dad and his family. It's pretty much the same thing. We go to my stepmom's family in San Gabriel and we hang out with her grandma, sweet lady. She was so loving towards me into welcoming me into the family. We got all of Vanessa's cousins, family friends, and well it was a nicely sized group with a lot of good food there. (I'd say my best feast to look at) And then as usual, we said grace and dug in. Pretty simple and loving. Sadly, it won't be the same this year. Vanessa's grandmother has passed away earlier this year and so with a heavy heart, I have to say that Thanksgiving won't be the same as any other year. But we will miss her dearly for what kind of lady she was and what she has done. Rest in Peace.

Not to bum you guys out with a sad end but Thanksgiving is a great holiday. For being Thankful, family, food, football, and other things starting with the letters T and F, Thanksgiving is just only a week away.

No comments:

Post a Comment