Monday, November 20, 2017

Readables: Current Reading List (I just hope I get to them with my schedule)

I know some of you Darlings are somewhat interested in my reading list. Well, it's kind of varied but mostly my to read list seems to be piling up. Some I have to read immediately. Some I need to take my time on. It's not pleasant when you can only read about 1-5 pages. I know some people say I should definitely use Audible but I personally prefer having the book in my hands and read from it. Keeps me focused, I'm sure you understand Darlings. But anyway, here's my current to read list. Also, sorry it took so long as well as how I haven't been posting much. I've been busy but I'll be back on it again now.


The Vampire Lestat: (Status Update: Currently Reading) After Interview, my boo had said I should at least read the main vampire chronicles. (That also includes Queen of the Damned (not the movie), The Tale of the Body Thief, and Memnoch the Devil.) This sequel will get the readers learning about Lestat and his role in Interview as well as parts we didn't get to see due to the story being Louis centric.

CTEC and other boring Tax Stuff: (Status Update: Began and currently still reading.) Every Week, I must follow this and pass it the tests they give me and also other things. And I have 3 things to read to prepare myself as a future tax accountant. It's a lot but I'm reading as I go. Slowly but surely. As long as I get it done by Dec. 31st, I'm good to go though I still need to call the school about some key info with the recent changes and startup registration.

Wuthering Heights: (Status: On Reading List) Well since Crimson Peak and Interview, I wanted to start reading some classical Gothic Stories so I've found a good list to read. Now I have to find out more about it. All I know is just general plot with main character Heathclifhfe falling in love with a woman and the general spiral of Gothic tales. So I just got a basic Idea.

Nicomachean Ethics: (Status: Stopped on beginning of the first chapter) Still It's important that I read this, just to see the ethical importance of the Aristotlean system. Since he is the father of modern science and the scientific method, I know I at least have to read him before death and other things. So better start now.

We The Living: (Status: First Page and stopped) So, I'll admit, despite my enthusiasm for the Objectivist Movement, the only Rand fiction book I ever finished was Anthem because well it was short. I can't read everything and sometimes I can't have the full patience to read long books with some exceptions. (Need to get back to The Pillars of the Earth but that's on hold.)

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty: (Status: On Reading List) This is an interesting one. It's an erotica novel by Anne Rice. She used a pseudonym for it and I can see why. I read the first chapter and my, there was domination and sex right at the beginning of the story so I know exactly what I signed up for but I enjoyed it. I'm not going to review though for obvious reasons. Sorry Kiddies. Maybe if decide, a different NSFW blog might be in the details but probably not.

Euripedes' Medea: (Status: Began reading) I decided to get something new with my library and I also have playwright George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion too. But for a basic synopsis, Medea is the story of what happens after the adventure of the Argo and collecting the Golden Fleece. She's betrayed by Jason because he cheats on her with another woman and she let's her wrath fly turning into the cruel witch later portrayed in myths.

Primarily this is what I'm going to be reading about. So what are you planning to read or will read in 2018 everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment