Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Thanksgiving, Why is it that we skip right over it for Christmas though it's just as important?

I know it's so clickbaity a topic darlings but it's true. I feel Thanksgiving gets no love. We just want Christmas to come and I know we all want to start over. Trust me, we all do. Especially with dumb politicians, annoying celebrities, nosy neighbors we want out, and other such distractions and nuisances from us. But I want to life blog about something on my mind. Why does Thanksgiving get the boot from those who want Christmas?

I mean we all enjoy Christmas but I think we don’t give enough time to Thanksgiving due to the commercialization of Christmas. Not that it's a bad thing but you don't usually see someone selling Thanksgiving Decorations. The only thing might be well, dining room sets with a cornucopia and a turkey serving plate. Yeesh, right? It seems every time, Thanksgiving is overshadowed with only a lame holiday sale and then Black Friday comes to town and that's what we all care about. (Me I prefer staying at home going on Cyber Monday to enjoy Amazon prices.) But pretty much it's all about the sales which is what I'm just a little sick of and I know people are either just as sick or excited but kinda also bleeds into Halloween which is my holiday too. So from now on I propose a new idea. Halloween is to be Celebrated on Sept. 1st through October 31st to make up for lost time with the pushing of Christmas into November. But yes Thanksgiving just needs a little more love.

And yet Thanksgiving means so much more than just a feast. It's a harvest festival. Like most festivals, they  always mention or are symbolic of the joys of life. For harvest festivals, its the end of the harvest seasons and feasts and carnivals are abound to celebrate the fruits of our labors for food (or in our modern society, production and service making in general) and letting everyone have a piece of that pie. (Or just those who you prefer deserve the pie.) It's a symbol of the beginning of winter and the beginning of the end of a good year. And doesn't that deserve not to be overlooked? Sure we say what we're thankful for, but lets not forget the holiday that reminds us of it.

So let's make Thansgiving great again and make a really good Thanksgiving meal, enjoy some football, and be with those who make Thanksgiving what we're thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment