Sunday, December 3, 2017

Day 3: Fondest Christmas Memory

Well this one is another short one and I apologize for not posting this one earlier for you Darlings. But now, I’d like to tell you of a find Christmas memory.

When I was around 4 to 7 years old, for I’m unsure about how old I was, my family took me to a very elaborate Christmas Pageant. Sadly I don’t remember where it was but I know my aunt (before she decided to take her path of being an RN) performed a bit on stage and so did her ex-boyfriend at the time. So I think it was an amateur production they were a part of possibly. (I apologize but since my memory isn't that good, I'll have to ask.)

It was a stage musical with some audience interaction made primarily for children and families. (It wasn't a traditional pantomime per say [Sorry. A Panto is a Christmas Play that's primarily done in a presentational style for entertainment for the family. So the subjects are Fairy Tales, Popular Children's Stories, and once in a blue moon, original content. Usually, they are more popular in England rather than America but we do have some Family friendly plays going on at Christmastime.] but it had pretty good sets for an amateur production. Maybe it wasn't but I'm unsure as to which city performed it so there you go. It's not really professional to even come up with a story with very sketchy details but the thing I remember was at the climax of the play at the finale, all the kids got to go up on stage.

And I was the one chosen to be on Santa's Lap (Or I shoved my way. That detail is sketchy too but hey I got my spot in the limelight for just a small song from Jolly Old St. Nick himself as I was there with him. My Brother was also there. I think was either also on Santa's Lap or he was Mrs. Claus. (Why is Mrs. Claus never refereed to by her first name except in Santa Claus is Coming to Town? There are exceptions but this was the one clay-mation film that impacted my Christmases so there should be an explanation.)

Well, That's just a fond (if somewhat boggled) Memory I had during my Christmas holiday. What are some of your special moments on Christmas Darlings? Tell me. Have a nice Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment